Crown Brockton Achieves Clean Green Certification
Crown Uniform & Linen Service is proud to announce that we have earned Clean Green certification from the Textile Rental Services Association (TRSA) at our Brockton Massachusetts facility.
Clean Green Certification was developed by the TRSA to acknowledge an ongoing commitment to improving efficiencies in water and energy conservation by textile service companies. Clean Green Certification recognizes companies that demonstrate responsible leadership in sustainability and conservation through consistent use of best management practices for reusing, reclaiming and recycling resources.
Commercial laundries are most likely to meet Clean Green standards when they employ high-capacity washing, drying and wrinkle-removal equipment, like those in Crown's new
Brockton Massachusetts facility. These machines are far more efficient than either home washing machines or the machines found in small commercial laundries. In order to
gain certification, the laundry must keep an ongoing record of process efficiencies in water and energy use and instate best management practices such as:
* Reducing greenhouse gas emissions by capturing heat from the wastewater stream
* Conserving with a water-reuse system
* Using environmentally friendly detergents
* Filtering wastewater before discharging it to the sewer
* Solar energy and energy-efficient lighting
* Recycling programs
* Re-routing trucks to save vehicle fuel
These key criteria have been adopted into the ASTM's Standard Practice for Sustainable Laundry Best Management Practices, which describes them as "universal indicators of maximum sustainability in commercial laundry work".
The Green Restaurant Association (GRA) is a Boston based organization that provides "green" certification for restaurants that achieve 100 points for instating a variety of sustainable practices. The GRA incorporated Clean Green Certification into its program in 2013. Restaurants displaying Clean Green certification are awarded 2 points for energy practices, 2 for water practices, and 6 points for using reusable napkins.
We know that our customers like doing business with companies that are committed to sustainable business practices. Working with Crown means that you can be confident that
you are working with a company that is dedicated to doing business in an environmentally responsible way. Our certification means that we are using:
* Heat recovery systems that reduce energy use and lower environmental impact.
* Water filtration systems that reclaim and reuse water in order to conserve.
* Newly developed detergents that are more environmentally friendly.
* Energy efficient lighting to reduce power useage.
* Recycling programs that reduce waste.
* Anti-Idling programs that reduce fuel use.
Crown is proud that our dedication to sustainable business practices has once again been acknowledged with the Clean Green certification. And we are equally proud that we are able to help restaurants throughout New England achieve their own certification from the Green Restaurant Association.